Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lauren Fraser, New Release!


Today we’re talking with Lauren Fraser whose novella “Longing for Kayla” was recently released from Ellora’s Cave. Since her release her book has been dubbed a “Must Read.”

Welcome Lauren!

Tell us what your story is about.

Thanks for having me, Miranda. Here’s the blurb for Longing for Kayla.

Dumped by her boyfriend during her birthday ski weekend, Kayla runs to the two men she can count on, her best friends, Jesse and Chris. Reckless and hurt, she throws caution to the wind and confesses her deepest fantasy. To be with two men.



Jesse and Chris have shared women before, but Kayla is not like other women. She knows them better than they know themselves. But what she doesn’t know is that Jesse has a forbidden fantasy of his own. When she discovers it, she encourages Jesse to go after what he wants with Chris in the bedroom, opening to the three of them a whole new world.



In love with Kayla for as long as he can remember, Chris is excited to finally be with her, but he never expected to desire both of his friends. He’s straight. How the hell can he want Jesse as well? With everything changing, can these friends move beyond what they’ve known and find a way to build on the love between them?



It sounds fantastically steamy! How did the idea of the story come to you?

I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t thought about a ménage. There is something so deliciously naughty about two men completely focused on your pleasure.


Oh, I completely agree! Where do you get inspiration for your characters?

It completely depends on the book. The plot ideas pop up at the oddest times. Sometimes it can be something as simple as watching a couple interact on the street that sparks an idea. I tend to be a huge people watcher and I love to just sit back and observe. I get a lot of my ideas from what I see around me.

So, this story focuses on a few fantasies. Would it be too personal for you to share one of your own?

Wow. Umm... I think anyone who reads my books would have a pretty good idea of some of my fantasies. LOL. Without getting too graphic, I do think the whole personal gratification with your partner directing the play while he watches is damn hot!


Girl, I like the way you think. Tell us, Where do you see yourself writing 5 years down the road? Will you stay with this Genre or move on to something new?

In 5 years I would love to NY published as well as continuing to build a solid backlist in erotic romance. That’s kind of the big dream.

I love writing steamy romances but I do have a lot of other stories percolating in my head that are a bit different than the erotic romances I write now. I see myself writing both in the future but I have no plans to stop writing erotic romance because it is just so much fun to write.

Tell us a little about the publishing process. What surprised you about it?

I think what surprised me the most was how slow the process can be. It can take years from the time you submit until the time a book is published in print. That is what I love about e-publishers, it’s not a fast process but it is certainly quicker.


What would you say is the easiest?

I have been really lucky to work with wonderful editors who get my voice. Knock on wood. So far I have found the editing process to be fairly painless. There are definitely suggestions and fine tuning to make my books stronger but it’s still me. I hope that makes sense. LOL


The hardest?

The hardest thing was just biting the bullet and submitting something. J But once I actually did that and got my work accepted, I think the hardest part has been balancing my writing with my promotion. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the promo that there isn’t time to write. There are so many options it’s hard to know where to best spend your time. I always have to remember that writing the next book is the best promotion I can do.

What would you tell a reader reluctant to read erotic romance?

I would say start with a sensual story and work up to the more erotic. If there is something that they find exciting, but are a bit embarrassed to admit out loud or curious about, they could probably find a story that has that kind of erotic elements in it to varying degrees. That is the great thing with most of the publishers, you can see the heat level and then just don’t pick the hottest one for your first read. Otherwise your eyes might pop out. LOL

That’s great advice we’d love to know what you’re working on now. What can we look forward to reading next?

As I approach my mid-thirties I have to admit I find the older woman/younger man idea more intriguing. We all want to know that we still have what it takes to attract those hot virile men so I tend to gravitate to those types of stories.

I have an older woman younger man story scheduled for release in September with Total E-Bound and a really sexy geek story coming soon from Liquid Silver.

Right now I am working on another steamy older woman, younger man story complete with surfing, hot beaches and even hotter sex.

Yum. Can’t wait for that, sounds delicious. Finally, where can we find you online and where can we run out and pick up your work?

My website is http://www.laurenfraser.com

Blog: http://authorlaurenfraser.blogspot.com

You can find the books through my current publishers; Ellora’s Cave and Freya’s Bower. You can also grab a copy at most ebook stores like All romance ebooks

What Contest do you have running right now?

My friend and fellow Ellora’s Cave author, Amy Redwood and I are celebrating our joint release date with a contest. We are each giving away a copy of both of our new releases: Longing for Kayla and Sinful Intentions. For all the details on the contest be sure to check out the contest page on my website. http://www.laurenfraser.com



Let’s enjoy an excerpt from the novella.

Kayla stood at the fridge door staring inside unsure what she was even looking for. What the hell had she been thinking telling them that? There was no way they weren’t going to bug the crap out of her now that they knew she had a kinky side. She leaned her head against the cold shelf. Inhaling deeply, she pushed back from the fridge and grabbed three beers. The only way to handle those two was to go back in there and change the subject. Just pretend she had never said anything. With another deep breath, she steeled herself to go return to the room.

The moment she stepped into the living room, Chris and Jesse’s whispered conversation stopped, and she knew there was no way these two were going to let the subject drop. When Chris reached out to take a beer from her, she pulled it out of his reach. “You want this? Then you need to keep your promise not to make fun of me. Otherwise, I’m taking these beers and drinking them myself elsewhere.”

“Why would we make fun of you?” Chris asked.

She rolled her eyes. “Yeah right, like I didn’t just give you enough fuel to hold this over me for years.”

“I don’t have any problem with what you said, Kay,” Chris told her, pinning her with a look so hot it scorched the soles of her feet.

Jesse took a step toward her. “Making fun of you is about the last thing on either of our minds.” He took the drinks from her and set them on the table. With the beers gone, she looked around the room, unsure what to do with her hands.

Heat from Jesse’s body invaded her senses as he stepped closer to her. He tilted her chin up with his finger, forcing her to look at him. “You want to live out your fantasy, birthday girl?” His husky voice slid across her, causing her nipples to bead tightly. An arrow of heat surged through her body.

“What?” she squeaked.

“I never got you a present for your birthday. I was thinking maybe this might work instead.” He leaned in and pulled her bottom lip between his teeth. His tongue swept out and licked her lip. The forbiddance of kissing her best friend made her shudder and she leaned against him. God, if this was a dream she never wanted to wake up.

“So, what do you think, birthday girl? You want us to give you a birthday you’ll never forget?” he murmured against her mouth. Something about hearing the words against her lips intensified everything. She glanced up at Jesse. He pulled her tightly to him so she could feel his erection against her stomach.

“Well?” His tone dared her to deny she wanted this. She looked over her shoulder at Chris who hadn’t said a word. He stood off to the side watching them, giving nothing about what he was feeling away.

She gulped. “Is this what you want too?” she asked Chris. Her voice shook. She wasn’t sure if it was from nerves about him saying yes, or that he might say no.

Chris stepped toward her, his eyes dark with desire. “Oh, hell yeah.” He moved in closer, blocking her in from behind.

His hot breath caressed the back of her neck when his body pressed in close. “You sure about this, Kay?”


I know I’m sure! Lauren, thank you for letting us get to know you and I wish you MUCH success with your books.

4 comments:

  1. This one sounds good. I'm off to enter your contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for having me today, Miranda.

    Selena, I've got you entered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren,

    Sorry I didn't make it over yesterday. Family stuff. Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren... SUCH a good read. You're fantastic. Thank you for the interview.

    ReplyDelete